Are you a seasoned economic developer, a guru, a wise owl? Are you a fount of information? Do you like to help young and new professionals grow in our field? Then click the button below to complete the BECOME A MENTOR form.
Characteristics of a Mentor
- Willingness to share expertise, knowledge, successes and failures
- Approachable, available, and the able to listen
- Willingness to commit time for a successful mentorship
- Enthusiasm for the profession
- Values ongoing learning and professional growth
- Provide guidance and constructive feedback
- Establishes and meets ongoing personal and professional goals
- Values the opinions and initiatives of others
- Motivates others by setting a good example
Responsibilities of a mentor:
- Participate in an initial conference call to determine if it is a good match.
- Outline the objectives of the mentorship with your mentee.
- Determine the frequency and means of contact.
- Contact your mentee at 3, 6, 9, and 12 months if another contact schedule has not been arranged.
- Determine next steps at each meeting or if the mentorship has accomplished its objective and is complete.
Mentors will be matched with mentees by CreativeEDC. If you have questions about being a mentor contact Crystal Morphis at firstname.lastname@example.org or 336-526-1332.